Why use appear.in for education?
When we launched appear.in in 2013, one of the first communities we saw started using it was teachers. Some of the things we have seen it used for:
- Talking to students in another country in language class
- Allowing students to call into class when they're not able to get to school (because of illness, disabilities, snow, security threaths etc.)
- Tutoring students when they're home
- Meeting with students and parents
- Communicating with students during group tasks or projects, where students work in different rooms around school
On this page, we have gathered some resources that will get you started with using appear.in in the classrom. If you have used appear.in in a cool way, we would love to hear about it! Send you story to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll add it to this page.
- Using appear.in in my classroom by teacher Rachelle Poth
- Find other teachers using appear.in on Twitter
If you have a cool story to share, feel free to contact our User Experience Researcher Silje by sending an email to email@example.com.